Skylight Installation Indianapolis
Ask your average homeowner, and he or she will likely tell you that the thought of installing a skylight in their homes is one that they’ve never truly entertained simply because they consider such a feature to be more of a luxury than a necessity. The question of why pay more just to let in a little extra light is likely one that weighs heavily on many minds. What’s lost in this line of thinking are the many benefits that skylights have to offer. We at Universal Roofing & Exteriors are here to reveal those to you. After you see all of the things that a skylight can bring into your home, you may have to rethink the “luxury vs. necessity argument” altogether.
Benefits of Installing a Skylight
The primary role of a skylight is to let in natural light. Yet don’t sell the advantage of having added interior illumination short. Don’t think of the light itself as the reason why you should consider investing in this feature. Consider instead, the benefits that come as a result of its presence. These include:
- Lower energy costs: Adding a skylight to a home has been shown to cut an average of 10 percent off of homeowners’ energy expenses across the board.
- Less mold and mildew buildup: Increased sunlight acts as a natural disinfectant, drying damp areas and lessening the chance of potentially harmful substances to start growing.
- Greater interior visual appeal: Natural light helps to better bring out the color and definition of your interior décor, giving your home a more vibrant look.
Best in Class Product: Velux Skylights
Velux offers a variety of styles and options from skylights, sun tunnels and blinds to solar-powered and venting products. Change your indoor environment, lower energy cost, improve the quality and look of your home by choosing from a wide selection of Velux
- Velux offers a variety of styles and options
- Sun Tunnels
- Solar-powered options available
- Venting options available
- Optional factory-installed blinds
- Tax Credits are available for many Velux Skylights
Yet that’s not the end of the benefits a skylight brings. Perhaps the greatest benefit you’ll see is in your health. Sunlight brings with it increased levels of Vitamin D, which can help promote healing, stimulate your energy and your mind, and even help to combat depression.